I am based in Boulder, Colorado and have over 25 years of freelance experience. Originally specializing in tabletop photography my attention to detail and lighting techniques were applied to working on location for editorial and corporate assignments. "Working with light is my love, both in color and in black and white. I am excited by the variety of subject matter in the world. In addition to digital capabilities, I'm still shooting and processing film. Please review Recent b&w film portfolio.
Magazine clients: Esquire, Outside, Men's Journal, German Geo, Field & Stream, Forbes, Fortune, Fast Company, Wine Spectator, and the New York Times. Corporate clients include: Google, United Airlines, Ball Corporation, British Petroleum, Dekalb Energy, Hain/Celestial Seasonings,Horizon Dairy, United Technologies, Oracle,Quaker Oats, Sears Roebuck & Co, and Burroughs Corporation.
In the Fall of 2010 I was one of four artist awarded an Artist in Residency at Mesa Verde National Park. Artist in residence at the Frank Waters Foundation in Arroyo Seco, NM fall 2012 where I collaborated with Barbara Waters on a book about her deceased husband, Frank Waters.
I cover the entire Western region, and shoot regionally,nationally and internationally. I have a large file of STOCK PHOTOGRAPHY available which includes Western Landscape, Cowboys, Western recreation, Oil and Gas, Southwestern Architecture, to name a few. Work can also be seen on Getty Images.
- Awards include:
- Northern California Silver Addy Award for Cornerstone
- Colorado Ad Campagin and Web Site 2006
- American Catalog Silver Award 1992
- Communication Arts Photography Annual 1992
- American Catalog Gold Award 1993
- Art Directors Club of Huston 29th Annual Award 1984
- Communication Arts Photography Annual 1984
- American Institute of Graphic Arts 1984
- Communication Graphic Arts Award 1984
- The Mead International award for Annual Reports 1980
- 10- Art Director Club of Denver Awards
- 4 - Denver Advertising Federation Awards